Historic Wrecker’s Race
Key West Sailing Tradition!
This fun race series recalls the tradition of the wreckers in the Key West of the 1800’s. Vessels with rich cargoes from Gulf and Caribbean ports often became victims of the unmarked reefs 7 miles off Key West.
The first wrecker to reach the site had the responsibility to save the passengers and crew, but they also won the right to salvage the cargoes.
Leaves from the Key West Historic Seaport.
Call to Book 305-797-8954
- Participate in the historic race to the Sand Key Light
- Special Crew Lunch
- Home-made Sangria, Boutique Wine, Premium Beer, Soft Drinks and Filtered Water
- January 28, 2018, 12:30p – 4:00p
- February 25, 2018, 12:30p – 4:00p
- March 25, 2018, 12:30p – 4:00p
- April 29, 2018, 12:30p – 4:00p